Position: Agriculture and Livelihood Coordinator
Location: Cochabamba, Bolivia
Catholic Relief Services is a non-governmental organization, founded in 1943 by the Catholic Bishops of the United States. Our mission is to assist the poor and homeless abroad. Although our mission is grounded in the Catholic faith, our operations assist people in need, regardless of race, religion or ethnicity.
1. Program Quality
- Ensure compliance with the strategic objectives of the Program.
- Implement the monitoring and evaluation system of the Program, integrating other relevant and complementary programs.
- Offer training, technical assistance and administrative and financial support to the implementing partners.
2. Management and Administration
- Manage the budget of the projects under their charge, including the monitoring of financial resources, guaranteeing accurate and timely information.
3. Representation, Positioning and Growth
- Represent the sector of projects under his charge before the Technical Coordination Networks, sector collaboration with other local and zonal actors.
- Develop and / or strengthen existing and potential partnerships with donors and key actors, positioning CRS in coordination with the Head of Bolivia Office.
- Collaborate in the permanent search of economic funds with potential public and private donors and collaborate in the design of new proposals.
4. Training and Experience
- Higher degree in Agronomy or similar training.
- 5 years of experience working with grassroots farmers’ organizations.
- 5 years of experience in integral projects of management of soil and water resources.
- 5 years of experience in agricultural extension work and training in sustainable agricultural practices.
- Proven work experience with a value chain approach.
- Experience in agribusiness and / or market development.
- Advanced level of English and ability to write technical reports in this language.