The Integrated Water Management Project of the Swiss Cooperation in Bolivia, coordinated by HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation, requires hiring the services of a Consultant or Consulting Company to develop the integral water balance for the water system of Lake Titicaca, Desaguadero River, Popo Lake and Salar of Coipasa within the framework of the Assistance Fund mechanism of the National Watershed Plan (PNC) and as a contribution to the Watershed Management Plans (PDC) component of the National Watershed Plan implemented by the Vice Ministry of Water Resources and Irrigation (VRHR) , under the Ministry of Environment and Water (MMAyA). All interested parties are invited to participate in the contest to apply for the Consultancy:
CONSULTANCY TO DEVELOP THE COMPREHENSIVE WATER BALANCE FOR THE WATER SYSTEM OF LAKE TITICACA, RIO DESAGUADERO, LAGO POPO AND SALIDA DE COIPASA IN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE DIRECTORS PLANS OF CUENCA .
Purpose of the charge
Develop the study of the integral water balance for the TDPS system and generate projections of the future water balance for periods established considering an analysis of variability and climate change.
Experience of the Consulting Company or Consultant in:
- Experience of the company and / or general professional of 5 years.
- Experience of the company and / or specific professional of 2 years in hydrological modeling and water balances of basins, water supply and demand analysis by the different water multipurpose.
- Experience of the company and / or specific professional of at least 2 years in Geographic
- Information Systems (GIS) and remote perception (PR / SR), applied to hydrology and / or integral management of watersheds.
- Knowledge demonstrated in the application of models of integrated management and evaluation of water resources.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- High ability to write accurate and analytical reports, working documents.
- High capacity for coordination with institutions and work teams and researchers.
Academic training to be evaluated by the leading staff:
Professional with a degree in national provision in civil engineering, hydrology, agronomy or related branches.
Post-grade (MSc or PHD) in hydrology, watersheds and integrated management of water resources will be assessed.
Minimum key personnel:
- Specialist in water resources management and water modeling projects
- Hydrology specialist
- Engineer with experience in inventory of water sources and hydraulic infrastructure.
- Engineer with experience in GIS.